Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea Treatment | Reseda CA
If you have noticed that your breathing stops and starts back on its own while you are sleeping, and your snoring has gotten louder than usual. This and more are symptoms of mild to moderate apnea; why not visit one of our specialists to determine if you have sleep apnea. We are dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate treatment for mild to moderate sleep apnea issues.
What Is Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea
Mild to moderate sleep apnea is a phrase used to characterize all kinds of obstructive sleep apnea categorized as less than severe. For moderate obstructive sleep apnea, the severity of apnea is between 15 and 30, while mild obstructive apnea the severity of apnea is between 5 and 15.
Benefits of Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Patients feel better rested and have more than enough energy during daytime
- Treating apnea lowers the risk of having hypertension.
- As the level of sleep disturbances decreases, the risk of depression in patients reduces.
- One of the most common benefits of treating sleep apnea is that it greatly reduces the risk of dying patients.
- We also found that treating sleep apnea leads to improved insulin resistance in those who do not have diabetes.
- It lowers the risk of cancer
Procedures for Treating Mild and Moderate Sleep Apnea
We treat mild obstructive sleep apnea by a series of sleep hygiene counselling involving our doctors helping the patient improve quality of life; when this does not work, we then combine this technique with continuous positive airway pressure. When treating patients with moderate obstructive sleep apnea, continuous positive airway pressure is usually the first line of treatment and is recommended by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
Contact Us Today!
Contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our mild to moderate sleep apnea treatment may be right to help you overcome your sleep apnea and snoring issues.